Several years ago a lot of people were predicting that standalone cameras would soon be a thing of the past, at least for most people, due to mobile phones all having their own cameras. Now, I am the first one to admit that phone cameras have improved dramatically over the years, and they still seem to be improving, but I personally can’t imagine camera phones ever taking over completely.
Apart from the fact that standalone cameras have countless more features, and the fact that many people rely on good cameras in order to earn a living, we also need to remember that standalone cameras tend to be significantly more robust than phone cameras.
The need for a good camera is even greater if you are an outdoor sort of person and you enjoy taking action photos or recording action videos. And, don’t even think about using your phone camera anywhere near water because you’ll almost certainly end up having to buy a new phone.
GoPro – the Action Camera you Can Trust
If you are a sporting enthusiast, or you are an outdoor adventurer who likes to take lots of amazing pictures, then you will DEFINITELY have heard about GoPro cameras. In fact, if you have recently bought a good quality drone that is capable of taking aerial photos and recording aerial videos, the chances are your drone is fitted with a GoPro camera. There is simply no denying the fact that GoPro cameras are the world’s leading brand amongst those who are passionate about the Great Outdoors.
Click Here for Latest Offer on GoPro Hero Session
Enjoy Free Shipping & Secure Shopping
Taking Your Photography Skills to a New Level
The GoPro Hero Session might be small, but it certainly packs a formidable punch, especially when you consider just how small it actually is. On the reliable and also very well-known PC Adviser website, the GoPro Hero Session is described as being a small action cam that is small, and very easy to use. Coincidentally, the Hero Session has also done exceptionally well in the site’s “Expert’s Rating” section, achieving the following scores:
- Build Quality – 4 out of 5
- Performance – 4 out of 5
- Features – 4 out of 5
- Value for Money – 3.5 out of 5
Considering that the Hero Session is GoPro’s cheapest camera, the above-mentioned scores speak volumes. Okay, so didn’t quite make 4 out of 5 in terms of value for money, but I would put that down to the fact that some photographic experts obviously believe that this camera could be a little cheaper than it is. However, we do need to remember that this is a GoPro camera after all, and GoPro cameras have never had a reputation for being cheap.
Personally, I love the idea that this camera is so small and so compact, and yet it can still do things like time-lapse recording and burst-recording. Of course, it also has a whole range of other nifty features as well, including things like Bluetooth and WiFi connectivity.
Okay, time to look at some of the main pros and cons, but before we do, allow me to let you in on a secret: When this camera first came out, it was called the Hero4 Session, and it cost more than double of what you will pay now for the GoPro Hero Session. Essentially, the Hero Session is the exact same camera, other than the fact that it has been improved.
- Small & Compact – The small size of the camera makes it ideal for mounting on a helmet; on your dog; on the side of your head, or just about anywhere else you could possibly think of.
- Waterproof – Okay, this is not really a big deal considering that this is a GoPro camera, but nonetheless, having a good camera that is fully waterproof is undeniably cool.
- Interesting Capabilities – Despite being the cheapest GoPro camera on the market, it is still able to take time-lapse images, as well as burst images.
- Ease of Use – This camera is incredibly user-friendly, and most people should get the hang of it in virtually no time at all.
- Price – While I personally don’t believe this camera is at all overpriced, there are clearly quite a few people out there who feel that, at around $199, it is a little bit on the expensive side.
Update: There is a newer model > GoPro Hero5 Session